Fulfillment by Saun Rated:PG-13 Romance: Haruka and Michiru Disclaimer: Sailor Moon & Company do not belong to me. I just borrowed them for a bit. Haruka rolled over and greeted the early morning sunlight that was filtering in through the window. A warm weight beside her told her that Michiru had finally returned home from her tour. She turned on her side and gazed down at the silken curves of her lover. Michiru was on her back and one shell pink nipple peeked out from beneath the blanket. Haruka's gaze sharpened as she realized that Michiru was naked. She slid her hand up one satiny shoulder and leaned forward to nibble on Michi's neck. Blue eyes opened and two pairs of sleep swollen lips met in gentle tribute. A short time later gold and aqua light exploded in their bedroom. Haruka lifted her eyes and murmured in a dazed voice, "Wow". Before any other thoughts could crystallize, she was drawn back down by silken arms and all thinking vanished as she was carried away on a tide of pleasure. -----------------------Two Months Later------------------------ Michiru stood in the kitchen chopping vegetables for that evening's dinner. She glanced at Haruka and smiled. Blonde brows furrowed as Haruka attempted to wade through the piles of papers beforeher. Her sleeves were rolled up and her collar was undone. From under her lashes Michiru admired her lover's beautiful profile and strong arms. Yes, she loved it when Haruka paid bills. Then she winced; it wasn't always a bed of roses. They were rather well off, but Haruka was frugal by nature (except when it came to her cars:->). While this helped to balance Michiru's tendency toward being a spendthrift, it had also led to a few heated discussions. Michiru was hoping to forestall any such little talk this evening. That was why they were having Haruka's favorite food, salad, for dinner. Michiru suddenly remembered what she had needed from the fridge and she turned around a little too quickly. She decided later that this must have been the problem because the room spun around her and everything faded to black. When she finally awoke a short time later she was looking up into Haruka's worried face. "Are you all right?" her lover asked in a quiet voice that belied the fearful look in her green eyes. Michiru had the strength to smile and she reached up to caress her darling. "I'm with you, aren't I?" Haruka kissed her palm and then enfolded Michiru's small hand in her own. "Now is not the time for flirting," she gently scolded, her relief coming through in her tone. Michiru looked up at her and pretended to be miffed " You have deceived me, Tenoh Haruka, I thought it was always time for flirting." Her Ruka had the grace to blush at that, but then she looked up their eyes met and she said seriously, "Promise me that you will get this checked out." "All right, I promise." She finally agreed. ----------------------------Three days later----------------------- "Haruka, I'm pregnant", she said. Her blue eyes were questioning. They had remained locked on her lover's face during her difficult admission, but now they dropped. Haruka followed the line of her gaze. "Nope, there's been no new developments down there since the last time you checked." Michiru flushed and tore her eyes from the front of Haruka's boxers. "I don't know how else this could have happened." "Well,..." Haruka began dryly, but she was interrupted. "Don't you dare even insinuate such a thing! I have not been unfaithful!" Tears began to fill Michiru's eyes. "Ok, ok, I'm sorry. I don't know Michiru, but we'll find out. Oh. Don't worry, Love, Come here." Michiru walked to Haruka and was immediately enfolded in her arms. A slender fingered hand threaded through the aqua curls as both women drew comfort and strength from their contact. Two hours later they were with Setsuna in the lab where she worked. "Hmmm... You say that the night when you made love you were surrounded by what seemed to be the essence of your planet powers?" "Hai," Haruka affirmed. "I just thought it happened because we'd been apart for so long and things we pretty...well anyway... I just thought it was part of our desire for each other." "Well, I think that it was that partly. One of you was probably wishing with all their heart and strength for a child by the other." Haruka and Setsuna both looked at Michiru. "That certainly narrows it down." Haruka commented. "That's assuming that I'm pregnant with a baby and not a race car." Michiru huffed. She was tired and feeling a bit miffed and distinctly unappreciated. "Sweetheart, racing was the furthest thing from my mind." Haruka grinned lasciviously at her partner. Michiru blushed and tried to ignore the tightening of desire low in her belly. Setsuna cleared her throat pointedly. Haruka and Michiru broke their heated gazes. "So, it's that simple? Michi wished for it and we get it?" Haruka queried. "It's not quite that simple, Setsuna said, I only know of one other person who was conceived in this manner." "Who?" Haruka demanded. "You?" Michiru guessed. "Seiya?" Haruka offered. "Of course sometimes I still doubt whether he ever had parents at all." "Haruka!" "Sorry, Love." "Neither," Setsuna corrected "Actually it was Usagi or rather Princess Serenity from the Silver Millennium." Haruka was taken aback," I always assumed that she was born of a short lived love affair." "We all did," Michiru mused aloud. "Still, such a thing would be difficult to keep a secret." "Exactly. Unless there was no secret to be kept. Queen Serenity longed desperately for a child, but there were no males that would have made an appropriate consort for the queen. So the day of the children's festival, which is similar to earth's May Day, Queen Serenity looked down from the palace at the children of the moon. They were laughing and playing in the gardens. She was overcome with the ache to hold her own child. Next to her the Silver Imperium Crystal began to give off a warm light. The room was filled with it and the queen's heart was gladdened. We thought nothing of it until it became apparent that the queen was carrying a child. We believed that she was born of the very essence of the moon." "That explains the bright aura that surrounds our Princess," Haruka commented softly. Setsuna nodded in agreement. "Well, where should we go from here?" Michiru wanted to know, breaking the silence. A strong hand gripped her elbow. She turned to face Haruka in surprise. "...to all of your doctor's appointments and shopping for baby furniture. Thank you for your help, Setsuna. We'll pick Hotaru up from Makoto's house and see you at home later tonight. Let's go, Michiru." Surprised blue eyes met determined green ones. Michiru nodded and they walked away together. "Congratulations." Setsuna called out behind them. As they walked to the car Michiru kept her head down. It was a deceiving gesture because her partner knew she was acutely aware of every move the blonde made and she was watching her closely. Just before they reached the car Haruka reached out and caught her lover's hand. Michiru looked up in surprise and Haruka took the opportunity to pull her little senshi into her arms and silenced any words that might have been forthcoming with a forceful kiss. When the kiss ended Michiru once again averted her eyes. Haruka, understanding instinctively what this was about, caught her chin and lifted her lovely face to look at her. "I'm happy about the baby and I love you very much." Michiru gazed into the familiar beloved face and tears filled her eyes. "I love you, too, Haruka, but this was so unexpected and all my fault." "Michiru, babies aren't anyone's fault. And besides," she grinned wolfishly at her partner. "It takes two to tango." Michi's smile lit up Haruka's world, and their eyes spoke volumes as they held one another in the deepening twilight. In Michiru's womb, beneath Haruka's tenderly cupping hand, a tiny life pulsed and strengthened, preparing for its entry into the world. The End Let me know what you think. Dedications: Stacey: This one's for you, Pu;-) I love MBS! Wendy: I love you! My most excellent editor. Amy: Thanks for taking the time to find and read these:-) Dad: I love you too! Evil Aunt Carole: What do you think?