The following information on character names and the series itself is courtesy
of Jenni Green. This is all cut and
pasted directly from her e-mail.
"um. well, it said on your "Sailormoon all over the world" page that you would
like to have the names if anybody had them in other languages. I have them in
Swedish, since I live in Sweden :). but I only have the three first senshi,
because they dubbed all of Sailormoon R but not so many people watched it so
they cancelled the show after ep. 23 (the episode before Nephlite's death -
bad people! bad people!). then, they aired it again but now it's on "summer
vacation" until september 5:th, when they *say* they're going to air it
again. but you can never trust TV4.... well, here are the names so far..."
||Ami Muzino (they spelled her
||Mamoru (they haven't
said his last name yet, but it's propably Chiba, too)|
||Umino Gurio (they changed
his name so Umino became his first name)|
don't ask me why, it isn't a real Swedish name...)|
|Tsukino Ikuko and
||Mamma and Pappa (mum
and dad, just as simple as that :)|
||oicite (of course, they
dubbed him a woman)|
||Kunta (Zoi calls him Lord
||drotting Morga (*sweatdrops
again* don't ask me, they're stupid translators:)|
||so far only known as "den
stora härskaren", meaning the great ruler or something like that.|
"actually Swedish Sailormoon got a dub by a small company, which means that they
keep the background music, most of the original names for people who show up in
one episode or so, and stay very close to the original script, and make changes
only when a joke needs to be changed to make the swedes understand. when they
re-aired it, they removed Ep.4 to prevent little children from going crazy over
their weight or something like that... weird, because they've already aired it
once... but, they gave us two episodes that they skipped the first time...
they've also changed the lyrics of the songs, so now they sound a lot more
childish. (a little girl withe really long tresses, about fourteen years and
rather cute... brr!) they also translated the attacks directly to swedish without
changing the meaning of the words, (firesoul becomes eldsjäl, shabon spray is
bubbelspray...) though I'm a bit worried about the Venus Love-Me chain... one
thing that's annoying is that all the VA:s are the voices of more than one
person, for example the voice actress of Queen Beryl is the same as Tsukino
Ikuko (!) and miss Haruna. but it's not that bad, all three Senshi so far all
have voices that fit their personality very well, especially Usagi. also, the
meaning of Rei's chanting when she throws an Ofuda was lost in the dub. now,
she just starts chanting some stuff that sound cool and then throw the paper,
mostly she says something like "Evil Spirits, Go Away..." and then shouts
something as she throws it. in the Animemanga she sometimes just shouts
"parchment" or something (not sure if it's the right word...). right now, I'm
hoping so many people watch the show that they'll translate the whole thing...
:) (yeah, right, but one must be allowed to dream...)"
All of the following information on character names and the powers list has been
cut and pasted from Madeleine
Fritjof's e-mail message.
- Annie Tsukino(swedish) is Sailor Moon (swedish)
- Amy Mizuno (swedish) is Sailor Mercery (swedish)
- Rai Hino (swedish) is Sailor Mars (swedish)
- Arianne Aino(swedish) is Sailor Venus (swedish)
- Mako Kino (swedish) is Sailor Jupiter (swedish)
- Tuxedo mask is Maskerade Rosen (swedish) and Darien is Mamoru (swedish)
- Annies Friend Naru is named Lima Osaka (swedish)
- The dark kingdom = Det mörka kungarinket (swedish)
- Queen Beryl = Drottning Morga (swedish)
- Jedite= Jedyte (swedish)
- Nephlite= Nephlite (swedish)
- Zoicite= Zoisite (swedish)
- General Malachite= Lord Kunta (swedish)
- Alan and Ann = Ale & Ann (swedish)
- Luna & Artemis = the same name
- Sailor Chibi Moon = Chibi Usa (swedish)
- Setsuna Meiou= Same name
- Haruna = Same name
- Umino= same name
- Yuuchirou = Yushi (swedish)
- Queen Serenity = Drottning Selen (swedish)
Attacks and Powers
- Moon Prism Power, Make Up!: "Månprisma, Förvandla Mig!"
- Moon Crystal Power, Make Up!: "Månkristallkraft, Förvandla Mig!"
- Moon Tiara Action!: "Måntiara Attack!"
- Moon Tiara Stardust!: "Måntiarans Stjärnstoff!"
- Moon Healing Escalation!: "Månläkning Verkställ!"
- Moon Princess Halation!: "Prinsessläkning Verkställ!"
- Mercury Power, Make Up!: Merkuriuskraft, Förvandla Mig!"
- Shabon Spray!: "Bubbel Spray!"
- Shabon Spray freezing: "Silver Spray!"
- Mars Power, Make Up!: "Marskraft, Förvandla Mig!"
- Fire Soul: "Eldsjäl!"
- Venus Power, Make Up: "Venuskraft, Förvandla Mig!"
- Crescent Beam: "Venusstråle Attack!"
- Crescent Beam shower: "Venus dubbelstråle attack"
- Jupiter power, make up: "Jupiterkraft förvandla mig"
- Supreme Thunder: "Blixt och Dunder"
Some other facts about Sailor Moon
"Sailor Moon is on sundays and the time is 8.35. We are now on episode 53
and we hope that Sweden will send all 200. Becouse of that they dont
have so much attcks and stuff now."
The following tidbits of information come from
"Two episodes were not shown; apparently, they were damaged.
"Zoisite changed to a woman. Allegedly because the station can't show gays who
are evil, rather than because they can't show them at all. (Wonder what
they'll do with Haruka and Michiru then?)
"Original music kept. Start and end tunes kept but lyrics not kept. No info
about songs. Most, but not all, original names kept. Beryl is renamed Morga,
Usagi is renamed Annie. Owned by TV4, which aired to the middle of the first
series but dubbed to the end of R. They had the rights until summer 1999."
The following URL is submitted by Felicia
Gilljam as a great Swedish Sailormoon webpage to visit:
Åke Rosenius runs the website, and Felicia says he's the "Swedish Sailormoon-guru"
As of January 2002, from Juho Keskinen:
Here are some more info about swedish Sailor Moon. Swedish TV channel TV4
sent the last episode of R season about four or five months ago and they
are not going to sent anymore Sailor Moon episodes ever.
Here are some attacks and transformations for Senshi:
Mercury Star Power, Make Up! = "Merkuriuskristallkraft, förvandla mig!" (Mercury
crystal power, transform me!)
Shine Aqua Illusion = "Silvervirvelillusion!" (Silver whirlpool illusion!)
and once Mercury says "Silvervatten, spray!" (Silver water, spray!)
Mars Star Power, Make Up! = "Marskristallkraft, förvandla mig!" (Mars crystal
power, transform me!)
Fire Soul Bird = "Eldsjälfågel" (Fire Soul Bird)
Burning Mandala = "Eld och sol fågel" (Fire and Sun Bird) and once Mars says
"Eldsjäl" (Fire Soul)
Jupiter Star Power, Make Up! = "Jupiterkristallkraft, förvandla mig!" (Jupiter
crystal power, transform me!)
Supreme Thunder Dragon! = "Blixt och dunder draken!" (Lightning and thunder dragon)
Sparkling Wide Pressure = "Jupiterkraftslagattack" (Jupiter Power Punch Attack)
or "Jupiterkraftstråleattack" (Jupiter Power Beam Attack)
Venus Star Power, Make Up! = "Venuskristallkraft, förvandla mig!" (Venus crystal
power, transform me!)
Venus Love Me chain = "Venuskraftstråleattack" (Venus Power Beam Attack)
Luna-P magic = "Hokus pokus!" (Hocus Pocus!)
[ top ]