Sailormoon in the Philippines
The following information is courtesy of Mia
Mizuno. Her submissions have been cut and pasted below.
- "All names were left untampered with (Rei was still Rei Hino, Naru was
still Naru, etc...) except for Usagi, who was named 'Bunny Tsukino'."
- "An extra episode (I think) was added in the Sailormoon and Sailormoon
R series. (This, I can't really confirm...but I just guessed by the way
it was edited. Both episodes consisted of clips from various episodes of
both seasons, and Bunny's voice telling about what's going on from the
beginning of the series to the middle of SMR.)"
- "Instead of Senshi, in SM, they're called 'Sailorwarriors,' and in SMR,
they're called 'Sailorsoldiers.'"
- "Tsukikage no Knight of SMR is changed to 'Knight of the Moonlight.'"
- "Late April, Sailormoon came back to Philippine airwaves. They took it
from Sailormoon S, major changes in the voice actors were made. The theme
is the Japanese theme instead of the tagalog theme...and 'Bunny' was
reverted back to Usagi. (Don't ask me why, they just did...)"
- "Michiru and Haruka still kept their names, Setsuna and Hotaru have yet
to make their apperance...(it's rather early in the S season at the moment.)"
The following is as of March 29, 2001. The information was
submitted by Seph_70 and
has been cut and pasted:
- "SuperS just finished and I must say that the senshi's voices
dramaticaly changed to the worst except usagi who remained just fine
since the start."
- "Setsuna and Hotaru kept their names unchanged."
- "They turned fisheye into a girl like the NA ver. did with Zoycite."
- "The opening theme was cut in the start. they took the sound of
the ringing bell off."
- "the ep. where Pegasus permanently gives his power to Sailormoon
came after the episode where they used it for the 2nd time."
- "In S, the ending theme had no lyrics just the instruments."
- "They did not use Rashiku Ikimasho in Super S."
- "In S, all the voices changed but Usagi's voice was restored to the
original a few episodes after it began."
- "That's all for now, we are expecting for Stars to begin some time
this April, thanks for the opportunity."
The following is as of December 21, 2001. The information was
submitted by A Concerned Moonie
and has been cut and pasted:
- Sailor Stars is now being aired as of Nov. 24, 2001.
- Ironically, the senshi's voices sound younger compare to the SuperS
- Usagi's voice is retained.
- A Filipino version of the Star Song was not composed unlike (but
Moonlight Densestsu had a Filipino version).
- Senshi is still isn't use nor "sailorwarrior" that was used during
the earlier seasons. The new term is "mandirigmang sailormoon" or
sailormoon warrior in english.
- In the 4th episode of Stars, Sailor Uranus' World Shaking was changed
to Earth Shaking once.
- Instead of "This is my way of fighting" as Sailor Mecury's reply to
Sailor Uranus while they were fighting a "copy" of Nehelenia during the
4th episode of Stars, her line became "...analyzing data..."(in Filipino
[ top ]
Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon © 1992 Takeuchi Naoko, Kodansha, Toei Animation, TV Asahi, and Bandai. This is only a fan page and is not intended to infringe on any rights.
The Sailor Senshi Page is © 1996-2010 Robin
Hosted by Dreamhost.