Name: Tomoe Hotaru
Birthday: January 6
Blood Type: AB
Astrological Sign: Capricorn
Favorite Color: Purple
Favorite Food: Nihon Soba
Least Favorite Food: Milk
Hobby: Reading, Collecting Lamps
Favorite Subject: World History
Worst Subject: Physical Education
Has Trouble With: Marathons
Strong Point: Injury Treatment
Dream: To be a Doctor
Hotaru is an only child. Her father is Tomoe Souichi, a famous genetic
scientist who was rejected from the scientific community for his
experiments and desire to create superhumans. After he was rejected,
he bought up the Infinity zone (where Mugen Gakuen [Infinity Academy]
is, and where he is the principal). When Hotaru was 8 years old, a
fire broke out in the Infinity zone buildings that were under
construction and Keiko, Hotaru's mother, died in the fire (at age 32).
The fire apparently caused Tomoe to go totally insane. Afterwards,
the Death Busters came to Tomoe in his lab during a big experiment,
and he joined them. Hotaru was seriously injured in the fire but was
saved by her father's experimentations on her, and he turned her into
a human cyborg in order to try to create a superhuman. Tomoe eventually
transforms into a monster superhuman after the Sailor Senshi try to
save Chibi-usa by destroying the Death Busters; he is killed by
Hotaru has a second set of parents in Tenoh Haruka, Kaioh Michiru, and
Meioh Setsuna. After Hotaru is reborn at the end of the Infinity arc,
the three Outer Senshi decide to raise Hotaru. Hotaru calls them
"Haruka-papa", "Michiru-mama", and "Setsuna-mama."
- Tomoe Hotaru is introduced first in Act 24.
- Hotaru becomes Mistress 9 in Act 30.
- Sailorsaturn is reborn in Act 33.
- "Death Reborn Revolution" is used by Sailorsaturn in Act 33.
- SailorSaturn is sealed away by Pluto's "Dark Dome Close" in Act 33, and
she is reborn afterwards in the same act.
- "Saturn Crystal Power, Make-Up" is used by Hotaru to transform into
SuperSailorsaturn in Act 39.
- In Act 39, "Silence Wall" and "Silence Glaive Surprise" are first used.
- Hotaru's identity as Princess Saturn and her castle, Titan Castle, are
revealed in Act 41.
- "Saturn Crystal Power, Make-Up" is used by Hotaru to become SailorStarSaturn
in Act 42.
- She attends Mugen Gakuen in the sixth grade (she is 12) where her
father, Tomoe Souichi, is the principal.
- Hotaru is part cyborg, as her father has attempted to turn her into a
superhuman, adding wires and weird stuff to her body. He, however, fails,
and due to her condition, she is very weak and suffers attacks which can
only be subdued initially by an amulet her father gives her, and later
- Though Kaori seems to be nicer to Hotaru in the manga, Hotaru actively
dislikes her and her 'weasling in' on her and her father's lives.
- The appearance of the Holy Grail causes Hotaru to pass out. After the
three Outers declare they must kill her, Chibimoon runs to Hotaru to stop
them. However, Hotaru, possessed, grabs her ginzuishou and becomes Mistress
- Hotaru's esscence still lives inside of Mistress 9. Hotaru saves the Inner
Senshi after their souls are swallowed by Mistress 9. Hotaru also returns the
ginzuishou to Chibi-usa, but cannot stay as she is still connected to Master
Pharoah 90 after Mistress 9's body is destroyed.
- After SuperSailormoon plunges into Master Pharoah 90's mass with the Holy
Grail, the three Talismans activate and Saturn is reborn. She uses "Death
Reborn Revolution" and is sealed away by Pluto's "Dark Dome Close". She is
then reborn as a child.
- After the mysterious solar eclipse in the Dream series, Hotaru begins to
grow rapidly from a baby into a child.
- The "princess" takes violin lessons with other children from Michiru-mama,
and when she plays, strange images form and come to "life."
- Hotaru is reawakened as Sailorsaturn by Saturn. She then gives planet
crystals to her parents.
- Sailorsaturn calls to Chibi-usa, which tells Chibi-usa that the Outers
- Sailorsaturn and Chibimoon run off to fight the Amazoness Quartet but are
sealed away into mirrors by Zirconia.
- Saturn presents Neo-Queen Serenity with the colored balls in which the
Quartet are sealed, and Serenity releases them. They become the Sailor
- Hotaru attends the same school as Chibi-usa in SailorStars. She is very
jealous and annoyed by Chibi-usa's new friends, Ruruna and Naruru.
Saturn's Powers and Attacks
[ top ]
Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon © 1992 Takeuchi Naoko, Kodansha, Toei Animation, TV Asahi, and Bandai. This is only a fan page and is not intended to infringe on any rights.
The Sailor Senshi Page is © 1996-2010 Robin
Hosted by Dreamhost.